Friday, September 14, 2012

God's Promises

You say: “Nobody really loves me.”
God says: “I love you.”
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son . . .” –John 3:16

You say: “I am not beautiful.”
God says: “I made you beautiful.”
He hath made every thing beautiful in his time . . .” –Ecclesiastes 3:11

You say: “I am not smart enough.”
God says: “I give you wisdom.”
But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom . . .” –1 Corinthians 1:30

You say: “I feel all alone.”
God says: “I will never leave you or forsake you.”
. . . I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.” –Hebrews 13:5

You say: “It is impossible.”
God says: “All things are possible.”
The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.” –Luke 18:27

You say: “I am too tired.”
God says: “I will give you rest.”
Come unto me . . . and I will give you rest.” –Matthew 11:28 (-30)

You say: “I cannot go on.”
God says: “My grace is sufficient.”
My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.” –2 Corinthians 12:9

You say: “I cannot figure things out.”
God says: “I will direct your steps.”
. . . Lean not unto thine own understanding . . . he shall direct your paths.” –Proverbs 3:5-6

You say: “I cannot do it.”
God says: “You can do all things.”
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.” –Philippians 4:13

You say: “I am not able.”
God says: “I am able.”
And God is able to make all grace abound toward you . . .” –2 Corinthians 9:8

You say: “It is not worth it.”
God says: “It will be worth it.”
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God . . .” –Romans 8:28

You say: “I cannot forgive myself.”
God says: “I forgive you.”
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” -1 John 1:9

You say: “I cannot manage.”
God says: I will supply all your needs.”
But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” –Philippians 4:19

You say: “I am afraid.”
God says: “I have not given you a spirit of fear.”
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” –2 Timothy 1:7

You say: “I am always worried and frustrated.”
God says: “Cast all your cares on me.”
Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.” –1 Peter 5:7

You say: “I do not have enough faith.”
God says: “I have given everyone a measure of faith.”
. . . Think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.” –Romans 12:3