Thursday, September 1, 2016

Confronting Silly Beliefs

Lawrence Krauss, an atheist, has said, "You've got to confront silly beliefs by telling them they are silly," adding, "If you're trying to convince people, pointing out that what they believe is nonsense is a better way to bring them around." But is this true?

I have been doing this with atheists and evolutionists for years, telling them that their beliefs are silly and pointing out to them that what they believe is utter nonsense. However, even though I defeat them at every turn and show them the utter ridiculousness of what they believe and how it simply is not true and is not science, even though they admit defeat and agree that I have completely dismantled what they believe in, yet they choose to continue believing it (or a sad replacement for it). Why? Simple.
“Evolution is unproved and unprovable. We believe it only because the only alternative is special creation which is unthinkable.” –Sir. Arthur Keith

“Most modern biologists, having reviewed with satisfaction the downfall of the spontaneous generation hypothesis, yet unwilling to accept the alternative belief in special creation, are left with nothing. I think a scientist has no choice but to approach the origin of life through a hypothesis of spontaneous generation. One has only to contemplate the magnitude of this task to concede that the spontaneous generation of a living organism is impossible. Yet here we are as a result, I believe, of spontaneous generation.” –George Wald
These two quotes show the irrational and prideful ego of atheists and evolutionists. They have no scientific evidence to support their beliefs, yet because the only alternative is one where they are subject to a higher authority, they willfully choose to suppress the truth and blindly place their faith in what they know to be impossible and untrue. And they purposefully and knowingly deceive others with the same lies they try to convince themselves.

I can convince any honest atheist or evolutionist (honest being the key word here) beyond the shadow of a doubt that their beliefs are false and impossible. Yet, amidst their submission to the truth of the facts and in spite of their agreement with my irrefutable evidence, they still continue to cling to the belief that was buried six feet deep. Why? Because no amount of evidence, no matter how convincing the arguments are, will ever change their hearts. If you brought before them a live dinosaur (dragon), they would not change their beliefs; they would only try to fit what stands contrary to them in with what they want to believe. Only God can change their hearts in such a manner so as they finally come to terms with the overwhelming facts and evidence stacked against their beliefs. Scientific and/or otherwise.

No matter how wise I am, no matter how intellectual I am, no matter how well I present my arguments, no matter how much evidence I mount against my counterpart, while they may admit defeat and agree with me that their position is impossible, I will never be able to fully change their mind, and I certainly will never be able to change their heart. Because this is God's area of expertise, I have resolved to do only what I can and leave the rest in God's hands. I will speak the truth in whatever area is being discussed, but whether or not my counterpart accepts it, agrees with it, or changes their mind on it is entirely up to God. I do not have that kind of power (nor do you, Christian), nor is it my responsibility to do (nor am I called to do such).

It is God who is sovereign over all things. It is He who is able to take a heart and change it from a heart of stone to a heart of flesh. All I can do is answer a person, in whatever season, as to the hope I have within me. I will answer a person truthfully, whether they want to accept it or not, without trying to force them to accept it, leaving what they do with what I say up to them. The rest is between them and God. I can pray for them, pray that God would use what I say and shape them accordingly, but that is it. That is the extent of my part. The rest is up to God. You Christians reading this would do well to learn from it. The conviction and conversion of an individual is NOT your responsibility. You do NOT have the power to do such. STOP repeating yourself, saying the same thing in different ways, trying to force people to accept the truth and convert to the faith. You are only going to create false converts. The conviction of sin, righteousness, and judgment belongs to the Holy Spirit. The conversion of a soul belongs to God. You are to do ONLY your part and NO MORE. "Preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and doctrine." 2 Timothy 4:2