Tuesday, May 19, 2020

My Writing Style...

I recently added a new paragraph to my Confession page.  I have acknowledged that I am not always the most gracious with my words. It is something I struggle with. However, a few times now I have been accused of being "abrasive," or that my writings have an "abrasive" undertone, by what I am going to assume are well-meaning Christians. I suppose it is understandable, coming from those who do not know me and have never taken the time to try and get to know me. However, their accusations are far from the truth. My writing style is intended to challenge. Many readers are not accustomed to this style of writing and therefore will misrepresent my tone. My writings are always motivated by love for Christ's church and my brothers and sisters in the faith. It is because of my love for Christ's church that I challenge many of the ridiculous and asinine opinions and traditions held by certain individuals. These individuals do not listen, and quite often will not listen, without a certain element of a firm hand. Anyone who has ever engaged in Apologetics understands this. Jesus was abrupt on many occasions, as were the Prophets and Apostles, and many other faithful believers down through the centuries. If being abrupt, or "abrasive," saves them from their man made traditions and the like, drawing them into a closer relationship with Christ, then to God be the glory. As Charles Spurgeon once said, "I am perhaps vulgar, but it is not intentional, save that I must and will make people listen. My firm conviction is that we have had enough polite preachers."

There are many in Christ's church (whichever denomination you want to look at) who transgress the Word of God and are persuaded by man-made traditions and doctrines of demons. Anyone calling themselves a Christian who would sit idly by and allow this, even in their own church, needs to examine their own heart and question the so-called "love" they advocate. Jude even teaches us to "have mercy on some" while saving others by "snatching them out of the fire." What this means, both to those inside and outside of the church, is that there are two types of people. Each should be dealt with in different ways, suitable to their respective conditions and circumstances. The idea that a Christian must always be "nice" and never "harsh" is a lie straight from the pit of Hell! Woe be to those Christians who lack the wisdom, understanding, and discernment to realize this, and who unrighteously judge and attack those of us who do.